Monday, July 19, 2010

fish tacos.

At one point in my life, I think I claimed that Rubio’s was one of my favorite restaurants. Since then, my taste has evolved but my love for fish tacos has stayed the same. 

One of our friends, Mrs. Kimberly Haun, recently passed along this super easy fish taco recipe and we loved it! It's light, fresh and perfect for a quick and tasty summer meal. Thanks, Kim & Jason. Jas - we hope you had a fabulous birthday weekend! Xx

Oh! And be sure to browse Kim's beautiful photography here!

Quick & Easy Fish Tacos
Ingredients:
Tilapia fillets
Shredded cabbage
Shredded cheese
Spicy/Jalapeno Ranch dressing (yes, this is real)
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Whole wheat, soft tortillas
Taco Seasoning in the packet
Lime

Directions:
--Rub taco seasoning on tilapia fillets.
--Throw seasoned fillets into a skillet.
--Rub dressing onto the soft taco shell, add all ingredients, squeeze lime juice onto them and as Kim said... Wal-a! Fish Taco's!

For our side, we threw a can of fat-free refried beans + a can of fire roasted green chilies onto the stove and stirred – yum.

P.S. Don’t judge me, but I still loooove to splurge (sometimes) on a Nachos Grande with Chicken and a Fish Taco Especiale from the Rubios. Luckily, my husband usually doesn’t object.

2 comments:

lovin' you and your comments. speak up.