Tuesday, June 29, 2010

growing up.

I can't believe my nephew Jacob has graduated elementary school and is now a middle schooler - a middle schooler!  I seriously can't get over it. Here are a few photos from his recent "promotion ceremony" - I think Justin Bieber has some competition in the hair category.

Congratulations, Jakey... our favorite skinny jean wearing tween!
My sister-in-law Jess, Baby Jayden, Jacob and my big brother Chris.

Grandpa Schramm aka G-PA congratulating Jacob!
Aunt Heather, Jakey and Uncle Dingers (my lil brother)
While he may be a middle schooler now, he'll always be my little nephew. Danny and I were reminiscing about Jacob and one of Danny's first visits to San Diego when we strapped Jacob's carseat into the car for a trip to the beach and park where Danny carried Jake around on his shoulders. And now, he's in middle school.

With the graduation theme, I thought this photo was too cute and appropriate not to share... Jacob (6 years old) on the way to my graduation from the University of Arizona in May 2005.


Well, the day after graduation (aka the first day of summer break) Jacob fell skateboarding and broke his arm in two places. He must have been thinking of his Aunt Teri when he picked out the color for his cast. Get well soon, Jake! We love and miss you.

Cool kid with the thumbs up!

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how much he's grown. The last 3 years of his life have been a blur with a lot of the focus on his sister. Now his voice is changing and he's getting bigger. I dig the picture of him just coming out of his knocked out state when he got the cast on. I told him to give me a thumbs up when I came back in the room and he did. He's a lot of fun to hang out with and I'm glad you got to spend some time with the little man during the Oregon trip.

    Love y'all.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

lovin' you and your comments. speak up.