Thursday, June 24, 2010

arizona.

Last night, Danny and I met Joe and Vicky (Danny’s parents) halfway between Phoenix and Tucson to pick up Hunter and Sydney. We were in California last weekend for my best friend’s engagement party (details and photos coming soon) so the kids spent the week with Grandma and Grandpa Bockting. Thanks B-Joe & Vickdogg!

We got daily texts and photos about their latest antics which included Hunter catching a baby rabbit and prancing around the yard with it while Syd jumped up to play too. Yuck. Poor bunny.

Hunter using Syd as an arm rest on the mini roadtrip home.

So, just in case I forgot that we live in Arizona, the rest stop we met at was quick to remind me. I walked in and was overwhelmed by all things cliché and Arizona kitschy. Hundreds of dream catchers, Indian and Kachina dolls, rattlesnake statues and more. I contemplated buying the gun-toting Armadillo statue for our mantle but resisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lovin' you and your comments. speak up.