Wednesday, June 29, 2011

see ya, silvia.

It's funny how you spend so much time in your car, but you never really think to take a photo of it. I guess it would feel a little funny to ask someone... "hey, do you mind snapping a quick picture of me and my car?"

Over the years, I've vowed to document things in our real day-to-day life, which has included taking  photos of Ting and his cars. One of the reasons for all this is this photo of me and my older brother, Chris. I love this photo - not because it's a particularly cool photo, but because it's fun to look back at mom and dad's old life. Our old life. Someday, I think our kids will see these photos of Danny with his cars and laugh at our "vintage" rides. Maybe they'll think we were complete nerds or that their dad was really cool. Either way, these are the things that we'll remember more than that one fancy dinner out (when people tend to snap all the pics). 

Well, here are the last photos of me and Silvia. They may be our first and last, actually. Yes, it's been a long, fun ride, but on Saturday night Danny listed my car and on Sunday afternoon she was sold. It's sad to see her go, but I felt much better after we met her new owners... a dad and his daughter who's starting her sophomore year at UofA. I love it... Silvia is heading back to Tucson to do right by another Wildcat.



It's been real, Silvia.

3 comments:

  1. Awww! Lots of great memories in that car! Love that it is going back to Tucson! You forgot to mention what your NEW ride will be? Do tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i really don't know what the new ride will be yet. silvia sold much faster than we anticipated and i haven't really started looking. a few cars in mind, but need to check them out. i'll keep you posted :) until then, i'm a mini driver :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT she sold so quick!? She really does look good in those photos! I am assuming Danny detailed her? Nice work selling it!

    Sooooo.. Prius? Maybe you could get dueling minis!? Whats Danny driving if you're driving the mini?

    So true about looking back at old photos- and seeing what cars your parents drove.. I remember my parents first car.. an old honda- 2 door.. for the family of 4. Sick shift.. rolled down a few hills because the parking break didnt work. haha. I will have to post a pic of the Egg..and our latest addition "dora the explora"

    ReplyDelete

lovin' you and your comments. speak up.