Saturday, November 20, 2010

girlfriends, wine & cheese.

The holidays are upon us and 'tis the season to reflect on what we're thankful for. On my list: wine, girlfriends & cheese.

So this past Thursday night I hosted a girl's only wine & cheese party for about 30 girls. Some of us knew each other better than others but a wine night proved to be a fun way to kick off the holidays, mix and mingle. It was fun to have girlfriends from so many different parts of my life - old friends, sorority sisters, co-workers, new friends, family and friends-of-friends - all together and enjoying themselves. Everyone was in the mood to eat, drink and be merry... I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time.

Danny earned husband of the year the past week helping me get everything ready. Together we made all kinds of appetizers - cheesy stuffed mushrooms, chipotle lime bacon-wrapped shrimp, deviled eggs, jalepeno & cranberry meatballs, tomato & basil pizza, prosciutto and parmesan pinwheels, homemade chex mix & more... a recipe post coming soon.

I wish I had more photos of everyone from the party but I guess you know you're enjoying yourself when you don't remember take many. Not everyone was captured but here's a glimpse into what I'm thinking will become an annual Thursday before Thanksgiving tradition. Thanks to all the girls who came - it was great seeing each of you. Cheers!




















{lots of empty wine bottles = a fun night and one very full recycle bin}

1 comment:

lovin' you and your comments. speak up.