Wednesday, December 29, 2010

nomads.

Since Thursday we've gone from LA - San Diego - Orange County - LA... and this isn't our last stop. Nomads.

Danny's been a trooper driving all over Southern California to make sure I see as many family & friends as possible. Since we're usually a cool 6+ hour drive away, a 45 minute trek up HWY-5 doesn't seem too bad. 

We woke up in Orange County yesterday and it was the best. I got to lounge with my Colbs, chat over a cup of coffee, make breakfast... it almost felt like we were roomies in college again - complete with my grubby boyfriend lying on the couch. Ah, to be free of responsibility... 

Colbs is working this week so we hugged her goodbye (but we'll be back) and headed up to LA to spend a couple days alone this holiday break. Between the hecticness of the holidays and our non-stop travels I'm feeling a tiny bit under the weather, so D and I agreed to make our couple nights in LA as relaxing and vacationish as possible. Danny booked us a room at a little boutique hotel and it's just what I needed. The suite is great - complete with a fireplace in the living room and balcony with a view. Last night, we took advantage of the rooftop spa in makeshift swimsuits, ordered take-out Chinese from 88 Sushi in West Hollywood and watched a sneak peek of Teen Mom 2... just the two of us. So nice.



Yesterday afternoon, Danny introduced me to his favorite hamburger joint in the whole world, Golden State Cafe in West Hollywood. I've heard so much about this place - the food, the decor, the vibe - and it didn't disappoint. Danny had a regular burger and fries (the Lamb Burger is only served on Thursdays) and I did a Tuna Melt. I have to say, it was probably the best Tuna Melt I've ever had. 



Sadly, today's plans have been squashed by the rain. I was hoping to kick off the day in Runyon Canyon, followed by the Santa Monica Pier and check out the Getty Center (which we still may do). I wish we could flip-flop yesterday's sunny LA day for today's rain. Oh well, guess we'll have to slug around today. We're going to start with a hot breakfast at Griddle Cafe and see where the day takes us...


No comments:

Post a Comment

lovin' you and your comments. speak up.